The office for Nigerian content development in ICT is a development focused Special Purpose Vehicle of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) set up for implementing the ICT local content development agenda for Nigeria. The ONC’s mandate includes supercharging key ICT economic clusters by providing intellectual, human and industrial capital to Nigerian firms in the ICT industry. It functions as a program-driven organization with the aim of increasing the participation of Nigerian entities along the value chain of ICT products and services.
Who We Are
● To ensure the growth of the indigenous ICT industry and make it the highest contributor to Nigeria’s GDP.
● To increase the value retained in-country from ICT products and services.
● To develop a large pool of human capital and talent.
● To significantly increase the number of indigenous companies actively engaged in the ICT industry.
● To create new markets and deepen existing ones for Nigerian ICT products and services.
The Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT (ONC) was established by NITDA as a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) to drive the development of indigenous ICT in Nigeria. ONC operates in collaboration with the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) and its official take-off was on June 30, 2015 with the recruitment of a National Coordinator and the assumption of duty of its pioneer staff.