Indigenous Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) shall:
● Maintain active license with NITDA, and certification for each product renewable every two years.
● Re- certification will be based on the following conditions:
▪Maintain local capacity to produce multiple computing form factors and devices – desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, network devices etc. either directly or through a local ODM.
▪Assemble all hardware within Nigeria and maintain fully staffed facilities for this purpose.
▪Hold and maintain relevant product and quality certifications of locally and internationally acceptable standards.
▪Have verifiable proof of an investment as contained in Appendix A Schedule A before being granted a license to operate as an OEM in Nigeria.
▪Provided such investments is in equipment, process development, human capacity development or research and development (R&D), and;
▪Hold and maintain relevant platform certifications.
● Have a period of two years from the effective date of this guideline to comply with the recertification criteria herein stated.
● Maintain at least 40% local content by value and volume either directly or through outsourcing to local manufacturers engaged in any segment of the product value chain.
● Maintain in-country Research and Development Departments for the purpose of product and service conceptualization, innovation, adaptation, design and prototype development.
● Design and develop products that support Nigerian languages and local use cases.
● Design, promote or sell products that are affordable, competitive and innovative, offering benefits in any or more of the following areas; cost, battery capacity, rigidity, compatibility with renewable energy sources or functionality. Innovation in this context need not be in aesthetics or high-end capacity requirements as available in the market.
● Must install original Operating System (OS) on all locally designed or assembled hardware devices in-line with customers’ needs.
● To always maintain a minimum inventory to be at least 20% of registered capability to ensure ample number of devices and parts are available on request.
● Setup and operate after sales support, warranty support, return/repair centre as well as a customer service centre for their products. This can be outsourced locally.
● Secure and provide corporate indemnity or performance guarantees for customers and clients, either directly or through resellers.
● Hold and maintain relevant product and quality certifications of locally and internationally acceptable standards
● Subject themselves to regular inspection of factory premises and manufacturing processes.
● Provide verifiable documentation of source of component parts and notify NITDA of any changes in the source.